Saturday, June 28, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: The Modern Twist

I'm so sorry for my absence but I was super busy with my papers and my finals afterwards I really didn't have that much free time on my hands. Anyway, my exams are almost over and I have a few outfits that I have prepared  beforehand. So, allow me to bore you to death with a bunch of boring red dress looks.


This bejewelled dress is a gem itself, inspired by Chanel Pre-Fall collection back in 2012, it was part of the Bollywood Film Theory release that, unfortunately is no longer in StarPlaza. As gorgeous as it is, it's quite impractical both in Stardoll and in real life.To be honest I prefer it in grey but the shoulders of the original are too odd for my taste. On the other hand, I can't deny that the way the fabric drapes is breathtaking.


The main reason I prefer the Stardoll version over the original is that they have tuned down the shoulder pads and it looks way better fitted. I know that it is inspired by Inidan fashion but to me it has always looked like something a Byzantine empress would wear (mainly because of the mosaic like top part) or, may be a rich Roman noblewoman would treasure during the ban on silk in the Empire. I tried to convey that idea in the outfit by using simple yet eye-catching gold jewellery and indigo accessories, which as you know was a rare and exquisite dye back in the days. On the other hand, the sort length of the dress adds to a more modern yet sophisticated look.

Clothes:
Ahmedabad Dress  - Film Theory

Accessories:
Mirage Earrings - Nelly
Long Gold Necklace - Archive
Winner Marikulja1 - Decade of the Teens
Gold Snake Bracelet - Decades
Victor Rolf Inspired Shoes - Voile*

*As far as I can remember these were given for free ages ago
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment