Saturday, June 14, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: Mad Men - The Stardoll Edition


There are no words to express how much I love this dress! I adore historicity inspired fashion - from Greek and Roman tunics; Medieval, Elizabethan and Victorian gowns to the flapper dresses of 20s and the full skirts and wiggle looks of the 50s. This one is an example of the latter. The original version of the dress you see above is one of the amazing works of the costume designer Janie Bryant for Mad Men. The design is perfect for Christina Hendricks' hourglass figure but it translates pretty well on Stardoll as well.


 I know I must be getting boring with all those simple stylings but I can't help myself! I wish I could tell you that would change soon but I have so many more dresses in my closet and you'd have to endure with me. I decided on gold accessories mainly because of the brooch on that beautifully folded collar - the compliment the brick colour of the dress, which is also on my doll's lips.

Clothes:
Wool Office Dress  - Decades

Accessories:
Gold Looped Belt - Voile Holiday Boutique
Killah Gold Clutch - Killah
Horses Gold Bracelet - Pet-a-Porter
Pure Gold Shoes - Rio

Jewellery:
Small Gold Detailed Earrings - Epiphany
Dynamite Ring - Mawi

The main reason for my simple look is my desire not to hide any part of the beautifully designed dress but still, I want you to know how versatile this piece is so, just to give you an idea - there are a few other items from my closet which would look amazing combined with that dress. 

Alternate choices:
Open Black Cape - Pet-a-Porter
Gingham Breeze Skirt - Moschino Tribute
Checkered Full Skirt - Decades
Brocade Full Skirt - Decades
Best Skirt - Nelly
Black Starry Sparkle Sweater - Archive
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment