Friday, June 6, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: See Right Through

I've always had issues with see-through dresses, I don't mind sheer blouses but dresses are too much for me. That being said, that dress is oh-so-cute - the ruffles cover the right places, the colors compliment each other quite all but still - I'd never wear this is real life. It's from Sonia Rykiel's 2009 RTW collection (and by the way, do you recognize the beret? It's one of the most wanted old HBs).


As for styling it... that was hard - the sleeves get in a way when you try to put a shirt or a jacket over, the visible underwear  looks odd when you try to put something under it and bras just look odd under the ruffle on the breasts. Therefore I saw no choice but to keep the outfit simple. Still, I didn't want the look to be too plain and the Flowly Lock gave the additional flare to the hair. 
To keep everything in balance I decided to focus on the two colours of the dress - I used the pink in the hair and on the lips and the red in the accessories.

 Clothes:
Multi Ruffle Sheer Dress  - Sonia Rykiel Tribute

Accessories:
Miss Sixty Watch - Miss Sixty
Shoes Inspired by Versus - Red Carpet

Jewellery:
Red Octopus Ring - Epiphany

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment