Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: The Final Frontier


I can't tell you how much fun I had styling this dress! Yes, the design is a bit flat and the shape is a bit odd. But I new there was a reason I couldn't resist buying it. It is so retro!
Initially I was planning a Twiggy inspired 60s look but the harder I tried the more impossible it seemed. Until I realized I was working in the wrong direction. The 60s were the time, all right but the theme was all wrong! And then it became clear to me why I liked this dress - it reminded me of the Starfleet uniforms in Star Trek: The Original Series. 
Yeah, I'm huge Star Trek fan - and not in the "Oh-I-am-such-a-geek" way that has been increasingly popular lately. I've seen all the series and all the movies and I find them fascinating! There are so many philosophical and social issues the franchise deals with, a great humor and amazing characters. Can't help but love it! That may come as a bit of surprise given that a few posts ago I said I'm also a Gossip Girl fan but back then I made it pretty clear that was a guilty pleasure of mine. Plus, the fashion shown in GG is way more impressive than the one in the Star Trek universe!
Anyway, in the show all the uniforms were long-sleeved and I do not own anything with long sleeves in the same shade of red as the dress. Therefore I decided to go with the outfit inspired by the uniforms worn in the 2009 remake.


I realize my final look is not ideal but still, I'm incredibly happy with the result. I even made myself a Starfleet insignia in StarDesign hair (I can't believe I spent 21SD on it!)

Clothes:
Kieran Dress - Miss Sixty
Black Crop Top - Original Future
Paneled Pleather Top - Elle
Black Elegant Top - Basics
Future Tribe Shirt - Original Future
Voile pantyhouse - Voile

Accessories:
Danio Boots- Nelly

Jewellery:
Against Starfleet regulations :P
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment