Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: Marooned Summer


I've always love this dress - it's so beautifully designed and the drape looks so realistic... and I hated styling it! The design does not allow for it to be worn neither as top nor as a skirt and as a dress it is way too short for my taste. I could've decided on a party outfit since I've seen a lot of similar dresses in clubs but it's just too slutty for me.

Edit: After I sent all of last night on style.com I finally found the real life inspiration behind that dress -  Louis Vuitton's spring RTW back in 2009. 

 
The only way I would feel comfortable pulling off that dress in real life is while I'm on a vacation by the sea. I don't why but when I'm away from the city I'm not as concerned with being proper - especially when I'm in sea resort - I don't pack any bras, I wear shorter dresses and so on.
I transferred that part of my personal style on this look and I dare to say I'm quite satisfied with the result.
Fresh summer outfit with a hint of boho chic; fab headpiece and lovely sandals. My favorite part is the bag - it's works perfectly with the rest of the items. 

Clothes:
Draped Mini Dress - Bonjour Bizou
Knitted Floral Vest - Folk*

Accessories:
Psychometry Sunglasses - Cheap Monday
Summerbag w Shells - Bonjour Bizou
Chestnut Flat Sandals - Philosophy

Jewellery:
Splendid Metal Feathers - No brand

 *Re-released in the current Callie's Picks store.
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment