Tuesday, May 20, 2014

OOTD: Red Carpet Glam

This is a bit off-topic given that I really wanted to follow the order in which I've organized my closet but I just wanted to share the outfit I created for this week's Theme Day Competition  on Stadoll's Most Wanted
The task was to crate an outfit worthy of the Cannes Film Festival red carpet and I was quite tempted to use one of those beautiful Young Hollywood gowns from the Oscars collection. Somehow I managed to resist the urge and decided on the outfit I wore ages ago when I was campaigning for MSW. 

Clothes:
Hot Buys Corseto - Pretty n' Love
Feather Frock - Archive /worn as skirt/
Pas Skirt - Voile*
Elle Cream Chiffon Skirt - Young Hollywood*
HotHotBuys Tutu Skirt - Hot Hot Buys*

Accessories:
Miranda Laced Sandals - Young Hollywood
Sparkle Purse - Voile
Honey Maid Bracelet - Honey Maid

Jewellery:
Small Gold Deatailed Earrings - Epiphany
Diamonds Headpiece - No Brand

*All layered under the the feather skirt

I love everything about this outfit - the colors, the little roses on the corset, the feather skirt. And it works so beautifully with this hair. I didn't want to ruin it with accessories so I decided on delicate pearl details in the headpiece, the bracelet and the earrings.
Oddly enough, just a few hours after I submitted my entry I saw the dress worn by Freida Pinto on the 4th day of the festival. 

 
I can't help but love Freida's style and this stunning Michael Kors gown is no exception. And it looks kinda of familiar, doesn't it? I was ecstatic when I saw the feather skirt - even the color scheme is kinda of similar to the outfit I crated. If you wanna see all of the gougers gowns of this year's festival, check out the extensive coverage made by Vogue and IMDB's photo galleries.
A.

1 comment:

  1. This dress you made... it's the most beautiful of all the entries in any competition in any blog that I've ever seen. It's perfect! The whole look is stunning. You didn't over-do it, and you have just the right amount of jewelry. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete