Saturday, November 15, 2014

Haul: Tingeling Halloween Couture


As part of the pre-Halloween week Stardoll released a new Tingeling Halloween Couture collection, which I personally find odd, given that we haven't had a couture store release since 2010 to my best recollection and the fact that Tingleing was closed down. Both of these things have little if any significance but I think they should be mentioned with the revival of the brand. (More about that here). As I said earlier in my ModBod post, I was hugely disappointed with the release. The prices are on the expensive end of the average spectrum, ranging between 6SD and 36SD with no Starcoin items and a single Superstar exclusive item. The graphics are mediocre and give me the sense that the whole store was rushed out and only relies on the designer inspiration (mainly McQueen and Westwood).


For me the largest disappointment is the potential that was squandered here: the length and texture of the Tick Patent Trousers are both perfect but the sparkle is too much and the shading (or lack thereof) is hideous; the Marabou Couture Coat could've been an amazing piece but too many thing went wrong there; the shirt and vest of the Vivienne Web Dress are both amazing and I would've loved if they were separated from the skirt. The same goes for the Combo Blazer Suit, which could've easily been three separate items - an amazing blazer, a two part underwear and a belt.


1. Bone Weave Dress - 23SD
    This is a perfect example of the way this collection relies entirely on the brands it's inspired by - it's not all that well designed, it does not do justice to the source material but it's Balmain, for crying out, and I need to have it! 
2. Star Stud Glove - 2x6SD
    This is one of my favourites items in the release - even though it's delicate it makes for an amazing addition to almost any outfit and it is quite versatile - you can use it to accent the shoulders or a neckline or the way it was meant to. For 6SD a piece, it's probably my best buy from the collection.  
3. Vivienne Red Purse - 13SD
    Everyone who's been following the blog knows of my love for bags worn in less conventional ways and this one falls in the pattern. Plus, I really like the combination of red and gold. 
4. Iris Dark Platforms - 10SD
    OK, I adore heavy looking platforms with chunky heels - both on Stardoll and in real life and these have the added quality of being incredibly so unusual and unique and, by the way oh-so-well-made! Just zoom them in and notice the little triangle on the platform!
5. Full Taffeta Gown - 36SD
    I know this is the most impractical item I bought but I simply adore gowns. The main reason I collect them on Stardoll is the simple fact that this is the only place where this is possible and until my impossible dream of having a closet full of them in real life (and places to wear them) is fulfilled I will have to be satisfied with its virtual incarnation.
6. Black Rose Bouquet - 7SD
    I wanted this the minuted I saw it in the spoilers, not because I think they are particularly well made nor do I have an idea how to use them. But in the Gothic period of my teen years I was obsessed with black roses and just when I was outgrowing the corsets and heavy make-up, The Rasmus released the album Black Roses. Consider this a nostalisc indulgence to my-sixteen-year-old-self.
7. Marabou Petals Skirt - 20SD
    The details on this skirt are so mind-blowingly well made I could just stare at them for God knows how long. Plus, it's high-waisted, it has a stunning slit and it's not too short (a issue I often have) - all in all, I'm pretty damn happy with it.
8. Electric Silk Top - 15SD
    I'm in love with this super shiny texture! It looks even more awesome by the amazing shading but every time I look at it part of cries inside, why couldn't have Stardoll kept the original Iris van Herpen dress design!?
9. Trash Bag Gloves - 7SD
   There is something about long black gloves that I simply cannot resist - I find them immensely stylish: classy and sexy at the same time. I have a satin pair in RL, which I git for my prom and I'm constantly trying to find a way to wear them.
10. Velvet Bow Handbag - 14SD
       I wasn't planning on buying this but... it's so cute! Plus, it's very well made and currently I have a crush on all things velvet.
11. McQueen Eyelet Dress - 22SD
      Unlike the Balmain inspired dress, I did not purchase this one because of the McQueen brand but for its distinct style - very delicate and babydoll-like but once you add torn leggings and a pair of combat boots it becomes so grungy in that specific 90s kinderwhore lead singer (here's looking at you, Courtney Love).
12. Marabou Soldier Hat - 10SD
      To be honest, I still have no idea how to style this but it's such an interesting and unique piece I just had to have it!
13. Vivienne Platforms - 12SD
     This deep maroon is one of my favourite colours ever and even on its own that would've been enough to make me buy this pair. The best part is that the more I look them, the more I like them: I love platform heels, the velvet texture is amazing and the straps are so cute! Definitely my absolute favourite piece of the collection.
A.

 P.S.: I know I was supported to put this up almost 10 days ago but I was so overwhelmed with everything that happened I hardly had the time to finish it and I found it pretty hard to talk about the items I've bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment