Saturday, November 15, 2014

Haul: It Girls


I'm determined to use the weekend after this very quiet week on Stardoll to catch up on my haul posts so that I'd be able to focus on my Wear It All Challenge and get the time to share the bunch of OOTDs I've been hoarding lately. 
So way back we got a new It Girls release, which was received reasonably well in the community, mainly for it's fur coats. However, for me it was a bit disappointing - yes it has very high highs (featured in my haul) but its lows are disturbingly low! A lot of the pieces look unfinished and lack any shading whatsoever (namely the Beckham Bell Bottoms and the Azures Dress). The shoes, in spite of their interesting designs, were nothing special in my opinion and as much as I adore maxi skirts I couldn't bring myself to buy the Fall Floral Skirt - its length it's too weird for my taste, I don't care very much for the colour combo and, once again, the quality of the graphic is ridiculous!


Other items, such as the Fuzzy Sweater Dress and the Savannah Pants (inspired by Balmain) were not bad at all but simply failed to connect with me. In the end I purchased six items and the only thing I may consider coming back for is the Steel Taffeta Dress but I'd like to see a few people actually wearing it before I made my decision.


1. Deep V Wrap Dress - 16SD
    This is without any doubt the best buy from the collection! First of all, the texture is amazing - you can almost feel the fabric, admittedly the shading falls on the flat side and they could've put a little more effort in it but the design is so versatile it makes you forgive any flaws. It's a very modern twist on the classic little black dress but it also can be used as a stunning coat. Just perfect!
2. Lace Tight High Thighs - 7SD 
   It's a shame how often I forget to add a pair of thighs or leggings to my outfits, especially given how much I  love them in real life - they are a life-saver in the colder months! And these are so pretty! I love decorated stockings and I couldn't resist those. 
3. Striped Silk Blouse - 13SD
    I like everything about this piece - the design, the print, the length, the sheer texture!
4. Lady D Bag - 12SD
    I find this to be a bit overpriced given its size but thankfully I can resize it easily. The colours is great and it's perfect for the season, the details are amazing and even though the shading at the bottom part leaves something to be desired it's still a great piece, inspired by a classic fashion item. 
5. Ivory Faux Fur Coat - 24SD
    OK, this is not worth 24SD and I'm fully aware of that - the overall quality of the graphic is very low and that's most obvious in the shading (which is crucial for furs) and the odd buttons. However, the colour is very flattering, the shape is interesting and I love the way it sits on my doll's shoulders.
6. Beckham Faux Fur Coat - 26SD
    The most expensive item of the collection and the single Superstar exclusive item in it is quite impressive at first glance and even though it has some minor flaws I really like it. The colours compliment each other perfectly, it looks very relaxed on my dolls shoulders, I've seen it styled in a variety of ways and I have more than a few ideas how to use it. Initially I thought it's a bit expansive but then I remembered that lately all coats on Stardoll fall in the similar price range so don't let that put if off.
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment