Saturday, November 15, 2014

Haul: MSW


This post was in my drafts for so long that I had completely forgotten about it! Last week, when the 30% off sale was announced I remembered about it and was determined to finished it but things got in the way, such as projects for my university, spending time with loved ones, getting tattooed! and YouTube - I got obsessed with the vlogbrothers  and all their projects and they literally took every moment of my spare time. 
Ironically when I finally found the time to post about the store it's the day after it disappeared from StarPlaza but I still wanted to share my thoughts about it and the whole MSW madness.
First of all, I want to congratulate FlorGatalinda10 for becoming Miss Stardoll World. Even though I personally don't like her style, I appreciate all the effort and hard work she must have put in the competition and the fact that she won means that a lot of people like what they saw in her. Therefore I find it uncivil and rude when people call her ugly and undeserving just because she does not fit in their perception of what MSW should be like. 
Secondly, the fact that Stardoll decided to exclude all the countries, which did not manage to gather a certain (but unknown) quota of votes was discriminating, inconsiderable and deceiving. I understand part of the reasoning behind it but I think they should have made an announcement about the changes before the begging of the campaign. This was members from countries with less active Stardoll community would've been prepared and might have decided not to spend an obscene amount of Stardollars on broadcasting. I was even more revolted by the way they handled the outrage of the community when the semi-finalists were revealed. Their official statement took way too long to be drafted and it was just a slightly edited version of the response message that was sent out if someone asked them about the issue. That's just bad PR and as someone who is pursuing an academic and professional carrier in that field, I expected more of a company like Stardoll.
Finally, you may say that I have no reason to complain because even though my county did not make the final cut, I did not campaign and therefore I have not lost neither time nor money (which is something I'm very happy about). I decided not to participate in this years MSW because: 
1. I don't think my style fits the pattern of the previous winners (which became even more obvious this time around)
2. My county has never been able to do well in the completion
3. I did not want to spend 8 Stardollars per broadcast message nor did I like the idea of spamming people and asking for votes
4. I was rather busy and I wanted to do something a bit more productive with my time
As you can see I kind of foresaw some of the things that would later on lead to so much controversy and was able to avoid them. However, that does not mean I don't have the right to be upset that Stardoll deemed my country unworthy to at least be featured in an Europe category nor should I stay indifferent by the way the deceived their customers for the sake of profit.

I'm sorry for the rant but I wanted to share my opinions. Now, let's talk about the store, which for me is the most exiting part of each MSW! The two floors were released separately, and even though the first one was a bit disappointing, the second one was exactly what I thought it should've been like (and the colour scheme was oh-so-lovely!). The store offered a wide variety of items for each taste: from formal gowns and cocktail dress through more causal every day pieces. The prices were on the expensive side with 10% off for superstars.  


For me both releases were all about the accessories and most importantly - the  shoes! Even though I love gowns most of the dresses in this collection just were either too revealing for me or not made very well to be worth it. However, when the 30% sale started I went ahead and bought the Draped Leather Gown and the Sequin Web Gown (I was too lazy to add them t the picture below). Given that MSW clothes are not sellable I figured I'd regret not buying the two focal items of his year's collection. I will try to be very brief with the descriptions of my purchases so I'll say the most important thing here: I adore platforms - simple as that!


1. Rose Satin Gown - 32SD
    This dress is so stunning it could've easily been featured in an Young Hollywood collection! It's so detailed and well shaded, the design is amazing and the colour is delicate and pretty. Yes, as most gowns it's highly impractical but it's also way too beautiful to be passed by.
2. Studded Bracelet Purse - 13SD
   The stud lining is an interesting way to add edge to the baby pink purse but what I really like about is the strap - it's a simple yet eye catching detail.
3. Rose Gala Platforms - 13SD
    These are my favourite item of the collection - the colour is amazing, the design is simple and they are so high! After I got them I could not stop wearing them!
4. Faux Fur Stole - 12SD
    Winter is coming and this could be useful both for adding class to any outfit and for ASOIF cosplay. 
5. Faux Fur Zebra Jkt - 22SD
    I went back and forth debating whether or not to buy this jacket. On one hand, the graphics leave something to be desired. On the other, I like the idea for grey zebra prints - it's a twist on the classic white without being too flashy as the pink Stardoll often uses. But what convinced me in the end was the raggedy look so unusual for fur - it adds a grungy vibe I couldn't resist.
6. Sequin Tshirt Dress - 23SD
    This was a very impulsive purchase, especially given the fact that I'm not usually into that sparkly dresses but for some reason I felt compelled to buy it. Maybe it's beavcuse I like the contrast between the simple, almost casual design and the sparkling fabric.
7. Relaxed Cotton Tee - 14SD
    I've expressed my love for realistically looking items on Stardoll but this time they went the extra mile with the off-shoulder neckline, which is a favourite of mine in real life (especially now that I want to show off my tattoo!)
8. Skull Chain Clutch - 12SD
    For the record, that's not a skull, it's a felinae's head! Add to that the red and gold combo and all I can think about is the Lannister sigil.
9. Tartan Booties - 11SD
    I need these in real life! I love tartan and I adore chunky heels - simply a must-have!
10. Lace Up Booties - 10SD
      I was very unsure about these - the design is very unflattering for the ankles - both for me in real life and for my medoll. But they are so well made - the shading is almost perfect!
11. Velvet Laces Boots - 12SD
      Apart from being awesome and unusual, these give the opportunity to let you imagination and creativity run wild. Just check out the way ilgd styled them on the Stardoll Broadcast!
12. Black Gala Platforms - 13SD
      I was so happy to see these in black! As I said earlier, I loved the rose version and I knew I'd get a decent use out of the black as well.
13. Tinsel Marabou Platforms - 13SD
      I love the dusty rose colour but I must admit I'm not sure about the rest of the design. I guess time will tell if these were as good a purchase as the rest of the platforms but given that they are not sellabale in the Bazaar, I didn't want to be sorry for not getting them.
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment