Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Haul: Fallen Angel


So forever ago we got new Fallen Angel collection,which was revived with great controversy among the community for not fitting the store's Gothic style because of the all pink glitter. For me that's utter nonsense - Goth does not always mean all black (a classmate of mine choose on a pink prom dress but still managed to showcase her style in the design and the make-up). Additional Fallen Angel is not just the "Gothic store." First of all, a lot of the previous collection have been decided to other alternative styles (punk, new wave, industrial). If anything it is the edgy store, where fashion meets the trends of certain sub-cultures (including a collection inspired by science fiction!). 
I personally, liked the collection. Yes, as any other it has its flaws but nothing seems rushed or unfinished, an issue I had with the recent It Girls release. I don't like every single item, on the contrary - I don't care for the Mesh Overlay Dress or the Vampire Teeth Jeans or the Shimmer Tiles Skirt and I do see how much better the Pink Sequin Shirt would've been without the pink. I have the same problem with the Lilac Leather Peplum Top - it's such a lovely and well made piece but the three colours used in it just does not work well with each other.


I ended up buying six things for now but I will surely get Lavin Inspired Dress at some point - the shape is very flattering, the colour is nice and the texture is amazing. I'm also strangely drawn to the Gothic Bedazzled Jeans for some reason and I really like the PomPom Headband - it's so fun and whimsical, however I'm not sure how much use I can get out of it. I have yet to make up my mind about the Iridescent Taffeta Set and the Dior Inspired Heels - all three items are very well designed and have great potential but at this point I'm still not sure how to use them. 
So, let's take a look at the things I purchased so far:


1. Houndstooth Knit Coat - 22SD
    I think this was the most popular item in the collection and it is my favouritism one. Admittedly, it looks a little flat (and that's due to the lack of proper shading) but I love both the shape and the print - the design has a certain bohemian feeling to it but the modern monochrome print balances it quite nicely. 
2. Metal Peplum Sweater - 16SD
    I should've given that a little more thought before purchasing it. I really love the off-shoulder sweater and that's why I rushed to buy it but I find it a bit difficult to style it. The leather on the belt is made amazingly well but it's challenging to match it with a skirt. It would've been so much better if the two pieces were separate.
3. Pink Lucite Choker - 82SC
   From a far I really liked this, but when I zoomed it in, the deatails seemed a bit weird to me. However, it's fairly decent Starcoin piece (the only one in this collection) and if you have nothing else to spend your coins on, it's as good a purchase as any. By the way, a while back I was obsessed with chokers but lately I prefer loner pendant necklaces and unfortunately for me, there are not a lot of these on Stardoll.
4. Open Knit Sweater - 14SD
    I love this sweater - the  casual shape, the colour combination the see-through achieved via the distressed fabric. It's all very grungy!
5. Plaid Plastic Combat Boots - 12SD
    Now, these may not be for everyone, but they certainly are a must-have for me - I love the plaid/tartan trend in footwear, I love combat boots and I'm quite intrigued by the plastic soils. Yes, they could've used a bit more work (especially the left one) but I still like them.
6. Peacock Feather Coat - 16SD
    I almost didn't buy this because the graphic is really quite disappointing - the feathers should have been a little darker and shinier and the shades should've been deeper and more visible but I really, really love the colours and the idea and I'm sure I can put it to some interesting use. 
 A.

No comments:

Post a Comment