Monday, November 17, 2014

Haul: Callie’s Picks - True Blue


So this week we expect the next issue of Callie's Picks and I figured it was about time for me to put together this post before it's too late again. Once again it featured some rare and wanted items such as the Terry Hearts Gown and a few tribute and real brand pieces. The single Superstar exclusive items is the Denim Dotted Dress, which was part of Stardoll's not-so-successful idea for weekly HotBuys. The price range at this point is the usual 4 - 30 SD and there were five StarCoin pieces, one of which - the Notebook Clutch, being the best item in the collection in my opinion. If you ask me the assortment is not bad all even though it's not very appropriate for the season - the variety of short dresses and gowns would've been better in a spring/summer release. However the all-blue layout literally makes my eyes hurt so let's get over it as fast as possible!


For me it was an appealing collection - I love blue both used in accents and as the focus in a outfit. Additionally, I don't mind gowns and impractical dress and I enjoy finding a way to use them. However, I purchased only eight items because most of the things I wanted I had already bought at the Bazaar or when they were first in the Plaza. The only thing I consider going back for is the Sapphire Puffball Dress, originally from Elle. Let's take a look at all the pieces from this release that ended up in my suite:


1. Feather Cross Gown - 28SD
    We start off with an really impractical piece. I have mixed feelings about the print and the shape can be unflattering but I just love the feathers on shoulders - they remind of Sansa's look at the end of the last season of GoT. The whole dress has a certain ASOIF vibe - the colours of House Arryn, the unconventional shape. I will definitely use it in a look inspired by the books or the show.
2. Notebook Clutch - 84SC
    My only real must have from the collection. I saw it ages ago in an all white outfit paired with the Bold and Buff Shoes and it has been on my whishlist ever since. The shape is simple but the colour is vibrant and beautiful, which makes it an eye-catching detail. I was so surprised to see it for StarCoins, given that back in the day it was released in Voile Holiday Boutique! Just go and get it before the next release - you won't regret it!
3. Cropped Sheer Shirt - 13SD
    I really like coloured collared shirts - they a refreshing change from the white ones and just as any collared shirt  can be used in a variety of ways - on their own or underneath other tops/sweaters. Additionally, I have a thing for sheer tops and even though the graphics on this one are a bit flat, it's still a decent piece. By the way, the buttons look so realistic!
4. Printed Sky Blue Skirt - 20SD at Callie's Picks, originally from PPQ and bought for 60SD at the Bazaar
    As you can see, I got this for triple its current price so it must be obvious that I like it. I generally like pencil skirts, the length is a bit short but still not slutty, I love this colour and the print is absolutely spot on -  it's integrating without being too dominant. The quality of the graphic is also very good.
5. Glitter High Wedge Plums - 13SD
    I love platforms - I said it in my MSW haul. I simply can't resist them, even when I know they are not worth 13SD. I may have a problem. :)
6. Metallic Woven Purse - 15SD at Callie's Picks, originally from Dolce & Gabbana Ttibute for 12SD
     I'm really not sure why I got this one in the first place. Maybe back in the day something in it appealed to me -the shading is nice and the lock is interesting, but now I wouldn't have spend that much money on it. 
7. DvF Blue Sequin Wrap Dress - 30SD
    I was surprised this was the most expensive item the collection (I expected it to be the Terry Hearts Gown) and I think that 30 SD is a little bit too much, especially given that I'm not crazy about the colour - I prefer that shade for accessories. But the slightly oversized shape, the neckline, the sleeves and the shading are all so perfect! 
8. Side Draped Silk Dress - 17SD at Callie's Picks, originally from Voile Holiday Boutique and bought for 30SD at the Bazaar
     I love this dress - the shape, the colour and the graphics are all flawless. Yes, it's impractical but it's also SO PRETTY! 
9. Double Blue Belt - 84SC at Callie's Picks, originally from Special Offer for free
    I don't really have a lot to say about this one. I got it for free and I think I've only used i once or twice. Still, if you're looking for a something to spend your Starcoins on (after you've bought the Notebook Clutch!) you may be able to put it to some use.
10. Bold and Buff Shoes - 12SD at Callie's Picks, originally from RIO for 6SD 
      I've always liked this pair, and even though I think asking double their original price is a bit steep, I still believe they are a good buy. Plus, I can't wait to style them with the Notebook Clutch!
11. Floral Pleather Jkt - 16SD
     Recently I've been noticing this jacket in multiple interesting outfits all around Stardoll suites and the blogs I follow and I really regretted not getting it while it was still in the Plaza. I find the combination of tough materials and feminine details such as flowers very appealing and it fits my style rather well. I was very happy to see it come back and save me the effort of looking for it in the Bazaar.
12. Bahamas Top - 9SD
       I remember how much I liked this top when it was first released but back then there was no Underneath Stardoll store and it was too revealing to be useful. Not things have changed and I'm exited to be able to put a decent outfit with it.
13. Strapless Evening Dress - 16SD at Callie's Picks, originally from Bonjour Bizou and bought for 20SD at the Bazaar
      I can recall that when this dress came out I hated it but couple of months ago I  remembered it and became determined to get my hands on it. I don't know what changed my mind but all of the sudden I really wanted it. Both the texture and the shading are quite appealing for me, the top part is very integrating and now I really love it. How things change, huh?
14. Turquoise Foldover Purse - 7SD
      This is probably my second favorite item from the collection, even though I don't like the way it fits (or to be more precise - it does not!) in my doll's hand. However that can be easily fixed and both the colour and the shape are too good to pass them out.
15. Chunky Knitted Scarf - 11SD at Callie's Picks, originally from Archive for 5SD
     I've had this once forever and every time I look at it I get angry because it could've been such a great piece! The idea behind the is interesting and the shape is nice but Stardoll has dropped the ball at the texture and at the shading. Seriously, just a little bit more work, that's all it needed! Asoloutly not worth the 11SD they are asking for it!
16. Shades of Autumn Hat - 14SD at Callie's Picks, originally from Gucci Holiday Tribute and bought for 33SD at the Bazaar
     The Gucci Tribute was released when I wasn't on Stardoll so often and therefore I missed it. So when I came back I was casually through the Bazaar and I spotted this colourful fedora (and I've shared my love for fedoras) I just had to have it.  Yes, it's impractical, yes it does not fit my doll very well but it's a fedora!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment