Monday, September 22, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: The Hidden Slit


Yet another dress I never thought I would buy. The graphic is a bit flat and the top part is downright off-putting. I was so focused on that I never gave it second glance. That is until I saw someone somewhere wearing a gorgeous yellow maxi skirt with a hardly visible slit - it was so beautiful - translucent, elegant and oh-so-bright! Imagine my surprise when I realised that was the same ugly MM dress. Still, I was reluctant to buy it - I already had two yellow maxi dresses, both of which with better quality graphics. In the end what really sold it for me was the slit - I've said before how much I like slitted skirts and dresses - they are sexy but stylish and not too revealing and that's hard not to love. 
Styling it was also surprisingly easy - the outfit came together on it's own. The dark blue jacket looks stunning against the colour of the dress, the plain shirt adds for a more casual look and the straps of the sandals make for a great accent.

Clothes:
Cascading Canary Gown - Millionaire Mansion Fashion
Basic White Short Top - Basics
Kurt Jacket - Miss Sixty*

Accessories:
Emerald 90s Necklace - LE
Clutch - It Girls
Hot Buys Buckle Wedge - Bonjour Bizou**

Jewellery:
Sharktooth Earring - It Girls
Winged Goddess Earring - Voile

Tattoos:
Flying Ribbon Leg Tattoo - Ink'd

*Re-released in the current Callie's Picks
**Re-released last summer in the first collection of Hot Buy Summer Retro
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment