Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Haul: Original Future


On Wednesday last week we got new collection of Original Future. I'm quite happy that the store has finally found its identity. When it first opened it was a bit incoherent - a lot of bright colours and bold prints with a few decent items but not a particular style. In recent releases it was finally decried that this was going to have a sporty chic vibe and since then Stardoll have stuck to that. The collection has a little for everyone, including some male clothes and though personally I find the pink cheetah print a bit outdated and the beaded top too tacky, some of the younger members may like them. The only Superstars only items are the No5 Purse and the Prada Inspired Dress, which to me is more of a coat and even though I find it quite interesting I'm still not sure if I'd purchase it. I'm just having trouble imagining it fitting my style.


Even though I'm not a huge fan of the sports trend I found the collection quite appealing. I only bought five items but I have my eye set on the SD Baseball Jacket and the black bustier as well so that number may get up in the future. In the and it turned out for the better that I limited myself because the new collection of Nelly was coming out on Friday and I really went crazy when it was released. But more on that later, now let's take a look at the goodies!


1. Gold Foil Sweatshirt - 14SD
   This is probably the least versatile item I bough but I couldn't help myself. Autumn is officially here in Bulgaria and the golden fit the season perfectly. It would've looked even better in burgundy but the black is not bad at all. I love the rolled up sleeves - they add realism that lacks in, say the Prada Inspired Tee. All in all, it's a decent item that would fit in my wardrobe with ease.
2. High Waist Pleather Pants - 15SD
   These are my must-have from the collection. High-waisted, cropped above the ankles, slightly loose - what's not love about them?  I like the wrinkled texture - another realistic detail that contributes for a more casual feel that would look great clashed with a pair of stunning heels. The only thing I don't like about these is the waistband but that is so easy to hide it's not even worth mentioning.
3. Cotton Tank Dress - 15SD
   A simple well fitted white dress is not common on Stardoll. This on is perfectly nice but nothing special. The main reason I got it is for layering. Too often I find myself in need of a basic undergarment (especially when resizing clothes) and I'm always on the lookout for something I could use as such. Other than that, the dress is a decent piece but there's one thing that bugs me about it and it's the name - that smooth shiny texture looks nothing like real life cotton!
4. Guitar Strap Purse - 13SD
    This was the one thing I wasn't sure about. First of all, what is up with the purse prices? In earlier Original Future collections (and other regular non real brand stores, for that matter) than bags and clutches hardly ever cost more than 10SD. PPQ bags range between 14-16SD! The main reason I'm ranting about that is because I don't really like this purse. The strap is gorgeous but the white part doesn't work well with it in my opinion. They both look amazing separately but together, I'm not so sure. I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do about that - I'll probably hide the purse with a black clutch or something. Still, 13SD for a bag strap is really not worth it.
5. Platform Runners - 130SC
   I'm not a sports person. I rarely ever wear trainers in real life and the same goes for my doll as well. Still, I can't help liking those, probably because of the platform. Had they been costed in Stardollars, I wouldn't have bought them but given that I'm constantly hoarding Starcoins, this seemed like a great way to spent some of them.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment