Monday, July 28, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: Red Velvet


Remember how back in the fall/winter season of  2010 velvet was huge? I never adopted the trend in real life but this Nanette Lepore inspired dress caught my attention. I like the retro vibe and the dropped waist but the real version kind of reminds me of a curtain wrapped around the model. Stardoll tuned down the shine and I think that's the main reason I prefer their take of the dress.


I've said it before and I will probably say it a hundred times again in the course of this project but I can't help it - I love retro/ period looks. Given the huge cleavage this is more of a modern rehash. I love the burgundy and I build the colour scheme around it using darker tones for the shoes and the clutch and I decided on a white jewellery to contrast it. 

Clothes:
Draped Velveteen - Archive
Bandeau Bra Peach - Underneath Stardoll

Accessories:
Stardust Hair Piece - Nelly
Multi beaded Necklace - Voile
Asabi Bag - Miss Sixty
Blush Pearls Bracelet - Dior Couture Tribute
HotBuys Stiletto Sandals - Bonjour Bizou
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment