Monday, October 27, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: The Socialite

I loved the collection this dress came from. It had a very distinct street style socialite vibe to it, perfectly balancing casual and formal pieces with this dress being the most extravagant item. It's based on a Katie Ermilio's dress that Olivia Palermo wore last year at the New Yorkers For Children charity Annual Spring Dinner Dance back in 2013. It's quite an impractical but such a lovely piece! Stardoll's designers had managed to emulate the silky texture perfectly and to my great joy, they have decided to remove the black bows decorating the shoulders of the original.


I really liked the way the purple of the shoes contrasts the yellow dress but for my own outfit I decided on black and white accessories. I just love the way the monochrome details pop against the bright yellow. I kept the Zara inspired belt because it looks amazing with the dress (and because I couldn't find a b&w one to match the dress' waistline) and I finished the look with a chain-like necklace at the collar. 

Clothes:
Olivia Yellow Dress - It Girls
 
Accessories:
Interlock Necklace - PPQ
Olivia Charm Belt - It Girls
Dot Print Pleather Purse - DKNY
Silver Valentine Heels - Special Offer

Jewellery:
Sharktooth Earring - It Girls
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment