Friday, October 24, 2014

Haul: JetSet


Long after the Royalty exclusive store we got another one for superstars as well. The prices range between 9 - 38SD with two Starcoin accessories and more than a few intriguing décor pieces. The clothes themselves are rather well made with interesting designs and the store presentation reminds me of a high-end boutique. However, I do not feel any consistency in the style or between the items, which to me is a pity.


That being said there were a lot of amazing designs with awesome graphics and I bought quite a lot (and I'm still considering whether or not to purchase the Emilio Pucci inspired Embellished Booties) and with the exception of the Nightime Gown they are all extremely practical and I'm incredibly happy with all of them. They are all very casual yet stylish and I get an overall Street Style vibe out of picture bellow.


1. Golden Choker - 79SC
    This is the only really good StarCoin item in the store (aside from the white hanger, but this is a clothing haul). I really love it when Stardoll gives good statement pieces for affordable prices, even if they are jewellery.
2. Nightime Gown - 34SD
    This Lavin inspired piece is my only really impractical purchase but I just adore gowns and this particular one is so lovely I couldn't help myself. I'm not sure if I can pull off a street style outfit with it but it would be interesting to try it out. And even if it doesn't work out it still makes a great piece on it's own.
3. White Dress - 22SD
    I love shirt-dresses and a white one is a classic. Yes, I'm not crazy about the bow detail and it won't be easy to hide but everything else about it is so perfect! It would look great on its own, with leggings or paired with pants. I even think I could make it work with a skirt or at least with some lace peaking from underneath it.
4. Love Pochette - 12SD
    This is a lovely accessory which really can make even the plainest of outfits pop, and this is an achievement for an black and white piece. 
5. Styled Leather Jacket - 38SD
    I've said that I like clothes worn in unusual way and recently Stardoll had released a lot of these, especially when it comes to outerwear. This jacket would've been quite interesting even if it wasn't worn over shoulders - it has a beautiful collar and the silver studs really do make it unique. I'm sure I'll get fairly good use out of it.
6. Tartan Maxi Dress - 26SD
    Yet another lovely shirt-dress: the length is perfect, the tartan print is lovely and to top all that up - the rolled sleeves and the side slit add an unique touch to it. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the transparency - it's interesting and it's part of what makes the dress awesome but to me it looks weird and I hope I'll be able to work around it.
7. Denim Street Shirt - 18SD
    I love denim shirts - they look great matched with denim, leather or softer fabrics and, if styled right, they look awesome. This particular one is amazing - the colour is bright and vibrant, the deep cleavage is sexy, the rolled sleeves and the pocket are causal and fun. Additionally, the graphics are perfectly well made and the shading is flawless.
8. Rock n Roll Skirt - 22SD
    This Roberto Cavalli inspired piece is so interesting and unique it's hard to pass, not to mention it is made rather well - Stardoll has always been good at making shiny leather, but I do wish it had a little bit more texture. Nonetheless, the design itself is too amazing to pass up. 
9. Overknee Boots - 11SD
    I love over-knee high heel boots in real life but Stardoll has the unfortunate habit to make them a tad too sluty for my taste. This pair is the lovely exception I've been dreaming for ages - they actually look like something I'd wear in real life - simple, yet elegant.
10. Red Patent Leather Handbag - 14SD
      I think I've complained how few good red bags there are on Stardoll and this is another great exception. Inspired by Jimmy Choo, executed perfectly, beautiful bright colour and interesting position of the strap. It's really worth it!
11. College Dress - 24SD
      I can't get over how awesome the simplicity of this dress is! The black lining, the collar and the skirt are sheer perfection. However the top part seems a bit flat and the golden detail on the belt is rather unflattering but these flaws are too small to ruin it.  
12. White Fall Sweater - 18SD
     This is designed way better than the exact same piece that was attached to the HotBuys Posed Look. Add to the casually rolled sleeves and you get a must have fall piece. 
13. Rock n Roll Bag - 12SD
    At first I wasn't sure about this one because of its bulky shape but the gold details are rather interesting but what convinced me to buy it was the way it fits in my doll's hand - so laid back!
14. Military Coat - 38SD
     I honestly don't think I would've bough this had I not received it for free - the design is quite interesting and the colours are bright and lovely but it's not versatile enough to be worth 38SD. Still, I'm really happy that I got it and I think I'll use it, especially as winter is coming so it's definitely one of the pest free items I've ever received.
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment