Sunday, October 12, 2014

Haul: Pretty n' Love


OK, I know that I still have to cover the Antidote release but it's been so long since it came out I'm no longer sure it's worth finishing it. I started my classes two weeks ago and I've been so busy I hardly had any spare time for Stardoll, put looks together or hang out on Blogger. However, time doesn't stop for me and I have a lot of things to cover so I decided to work backwards and start with the most recent one. 
So, this Saturday we got a new Pretty n' Love collection the first thing that caught my attention is the fact that Stardoll seems to have changes its release schedule. My guess is that they did this because the weekday release of limited collection was problematic for most of the users, who are usually busy with school or work during that time. I know that has nothing to do with the collection itself, but I believe it was worth mentioning. 
The release itself is fairly decent with prices ranging from 5SD to 25SD, two Starcoin items and a single Superstar exclusive piece. The overall style is pretty consistent with the store's girly trademark with beautiful colours, interesting prints, distinct textures and feminine shapes. The real life inspiration comes mainly from Valentio.


I must admit that out of all recent releases this one is my absolute favourite, still - it is not without its flaws: the Cupcake Form Dress is adorable and I'm in love with its pleated skirt but I do not like the way the red details look on the pale pink; the Valentino Inspired Dress is interesting but there is something about that purple colour I can't get over; the shape, colour and length of the Azure Full Skirt are all stunning but that pink belt ruins it for me; the idea behind the Versace inspired Regiment Coat is awesome but it could've used a little bit more work and the same goes for the Satin Duffel Clutch. Anyway, I still like all of the items mentioned above and I adore the Velveteen Dress - it has a lovely mix of velvet and lace, the colours is gorgeous and the design is very doll-like. However, I preferred the more versatile pieces of the collection. Let's take a closer look at the items I actually bought:


1. Deep Pink Coat - 25SD
    The single Superstar item in the collection is on the pricey side and I must admit that I'm not sure if it's worth it. Not because it's not amazing but because it's a statement piece (the same price for a black/white/grey coat and I wouldn't be saying that) and it should be considered as such - the bright colour, the printed collar and the gold buttons are all stunning. I really like the berry/maroon combined with the dark blue (a combo that dominates the collection and is present in four out of the nine items I got) and I think it would look really well on simpler coloured outfits.
2. Tulip Vine Jeans - 15SD
    I was on the fence for both the jeans and the sweatshirt mainly because I'm not sure how much wear I could get out of either of them but the colours are so pretty and the placement of the print is perfect! Simple as that.
3. Rosette Choker - 5SD
    This was an absolutely unnecessary purchase that I don't think I could ever use in a Street Style look but it would work great in a historical outfit and with Halloween right around the corner I couldn't pass it.  
4. Peachy Cardi - 16SD
    This is my favourite piece of the collection - not only do I find the colour adorable but I love it when Stardoll adds realistic touches to the pieces they are releasing and both the rolled sleeves and the hand in the pocket fall in that category. The reasonable price is an added bonus.
5. Heart Crop Top - 11SD
    I can't get over how much I love this colour! Aside from that, this top is utterly impractical mainly because it's cropped too high for my taste and I will have to find a way to work around that but I desperately want to make it work.
6. Ombre Jeans - 14SD
    It just occurred to me as I'm writhing this that these actually could turn out to be more impractical than the Tulip Vine ones as the pastels may not work that well with darker shades. However, I may be wrong, additionally I'm sure they could look amazing with grey and even tough it's a bit on the nose the combination with the Peachy Cardi is not bad at all.
7. Peachy Platform Boots - 15SD
    My second favourite item of the collection, inspired by Jeffrey Campbell's Litas in adorable baby pink. I can't help but love them. Yes, they are a tad expensive but I know I will get a huge use out of them.
8. Tulip Vine Sweatshirt - 13SD
    As I said, I was a bit unsure about that but the more I look at it, the more I like it. The quilted front is a nice touch that makes it even more awesome than the jeans. However, I do have a complaint about the graphic - if you look at it up close you'll notice that the print is also supposed to be quilted but the execution falls a bit short of the idea. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to styling it.
9. Linen Shawl - 10SD
    This is another one of those items I like for their realistic design. Additionally, the colour combination (as stated above) is flawless and it's perfectly well made. The only thing that worries me about it is the fact that it could look a little bit too bulky around the neck and shoulders. I'll have to see how I'll work  with that.
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment