Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: Pumpkin Statement


I'm gonna have hell of a bad time styling all those Basic dresses. Don't get me wrong - I do love them and I have all of them - they are beautifully designed, well fitted and the vibrant colors are gorgeous but they are a bit too short for my taste and are not as easy to combine with other skirts/tops as they seem. 
I've been experimenting with different combinations for hours until I finally settled on this outfit. Initially I had something more youthful in mind - white lace skirt and a amazing floral clutch but it didn't work as I imagined it. Then I decided to clash the tangerine dress with turquoise or teal accessorizes. I gave it try but the I found the result unsatisfying. 
While I was browsing through my huge shoe collection this pair caught my attention. I've always liked  them but I don't think I've ever used them. Finally I had something to go on - not the bright shades of turquoise but the depth of the dark royal blue. My desperate search for accessorizes in that scheme brought me to by Beauty parlor where I found this stunning statement necklace. 
The last decision to be made was whether to combine the dress with the peplum shirt or the maxi skirt and I went with the top just because the neckline fitted better with the necklace.
Overall, I'm incredibly happy with the final result - the colors compliment each other perfectly and make an otherwise simple (and quite cheap) outfit look glamorous and classy. I think this look is an perfect example of how a carefully chosen accessory can add an WOW factor to every outfit.

Clothes:
Basic Orange Fitted Dress - Basics
Basic Orange Frilled Shirt - Basics
 
Accessories:
Mary Jane Platforms - Film Theory
Winner Marikulja1 - Decade of the Teens

Jewellery:
The Spring Is Here Necklace - Glam'rus
Floral Sapphire Ring - Epiphany
Midnight Diamond Ring - Epiphany

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment