Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wear It All Challenge: Downton Opulence


I do like the Stardoll version of this dress by Armani Privé S/S collection back in 2009 mainly because of their (quite unrealistic) execution of the fringes. Additionally, I've stated by love for period inspired clothes and the 20s have a very special place in my heart. I've been super lazy with my stylings lately and I'm not showing you the surprising versatility of this piece. It goes without saying that the colour looks great combined with black, grey and white but you can also combine it with different shades of red, beige and gold. In spite the loose shape it works amazingly well used as a skirt. You can also play around the top part and cover it up with crop tops and even bras (with a little help from the Underneath Stardoll invisible underwear). And of course, you can trough a leather jacket on top for a more contemporary look.


As I said, I was really lazy when it came to putting together an outfit (though I'm sure I'll use this dress again when I finally get around to the tops section of my closet). This look was created for a competition on the Stardoll Broadcast which I mentioned on this post along with a few outfits I had made for the theme - Downton Abbey.
The look is not revealing, focused around the drop waist, popular at the time and dominated by gold accent to emphasize the opulence of the era.

Clothes:
Tube Dress w Fringes - Voile
Queen of Sogo shirt - Fallen Angel
Tassel Hem Tunic - Archive

Accessories:
Bianca Headscarf - Rio
Gold Snake Bracelet - Decades
Michael Gold Glove - Royalty
Gold Case Satchel - Lanvin Paris Tribute
Coral Billie J Shoes - Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment